March 27, 2012
Mark April 21st on your calendar to help us celebrate Earth Day and to encourage the citizens of Skamania County to dispose of tires and appliances within the County.
On April 21st from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, the following items listed will be taken free of charge at all three County Transfer Facilities:
• All appliances
• Passenger/pickup type tires (with or without wheels) will be accepted and only deliverable in standard size pickups.
• Any tires sized 8.25 X 20 or larger will not be accepted unless prior arrangements have been made. No commercial disposals will be accepted during this event.
Bagged garbage will not be accepted this year. Normal Refuse and recycling fees will be charged during this event.
Fees will not be waived for any business, commercial or out of county waste; and proof of residency will be required for all patrons.
March 1, 2012
Public Notice of Mosquito Control Activities
The Skamania County Mosquito Control District will begin seasonal activities around March 21, 2012. Only when mosquito larva is found will they use one of the following larvicides.
- AquaBac G (Bacillus thuringiensis, subspecies Israelensis): specific for mosquito larva
- Altosid (S-Methoprene) a growth inhibitor active on early stages of mosquito larva
- Agnique (poly-alpha –w-hydroxy): a monomolecular surface film used for later stages of larva and pupa
Later in the season and only in those areas where adult mosquitoes reach thresholds as specified in District IMM plan or if mosquito transmitted disease is detected, will the district adulticide using:
- Aqua Reslin (permethrin) which is fogged at a rate between 0.0015 and 0.007 ounces per acre.
Mosquito control activities will continue throughout the season until mid to late October depending on weather conditions
Phone or email the Mosquito Control District for further information or to report mosquito problems within the District – (360) 904-4345 or SCmosquitocontrol@gmail.com . Additional information and schedule changes will be posted and updated on this website:
https://mosquitoboard.wordpress.com or http://www.skamaniacounty.org/government/boards-and-commissions